New Economic Development Officer Joins the Region’s Economic Development Agency
- July 19, 2012 – The board of the Greater Victoria Development Agency (GVDA) is pleased to announce the addition of Dallas Gislason to the organization as Economic Development Officer (EDO).
- Gislason has an eight-year career in the field of economic development field, working at both the regional and provincial level. Dallas’ background positions him well to make a smooth transition into his new role, with tremendous experience supporting local businesses and helping to foster economic development programs, both in our region and in the province of Saskatchewan.
- “Since establishing the GVDA in 2007, we’ve made significant progress,” said Mike Weston, Chair of the Greater Victoria Development Agency and founder of Cube Global Storage. “We are delighted that Dallas Gislason has joined our agency to build on this progress and continue enhancing our region’s competitive position on a national and global scale.”
- As the founding Economic Development Officer for the GVDA, Sasha Angus will continue to support the agency over the coming months, assisting with the transition. Mr. Angus remains with the Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce as the Manager of Policy and Government Affairs, and Manager of Communications.
- The GVDA is an industry-led organization representing the major industries and academic institutions of the region. The GVDA seeks to ensure that Greater Victoria remains a vibrant place to live, work, and invest. An important mandate of the GVDA is to further strengthen economic conditions throughout the region and to help foster the growth and continuing success of local businesses. The GVDA also encourages new investment and business from across North America and around the world.