- BC Housing Community Could Address Homeownership Affordability – (June 30th 2015)
- Workforce Housing – A Discussion – A podcast with Elizabeth May & Shannon Renault. (August 29th, 2015)
- Why Does Affordable Homeownership Matter? – (June 23rd 2015)
- #donthave1million – Vancouver Island Campaign – Times Colonist (June 18th 2015)
- Industrial Group left “Howling in the Wind” – Peninsula News Review (June 17th 2015)
- letters to the editor in response to “Howling…” – http://harbourdigitalmedia.com/pnr-letters-to-the-editor/
- What makes Housing so Expensive? – (June 15th 2015)
- Victoria Takes Second in Least Affordable List – (June 8th 2015)
(April 18, 2015) – Shannon Renault – A Discussion about Workforce Housing
- Sidney North Saanich Workforce Employment Survey (January 2015 – update)
- Rock Bay Square – Hidden Entrepreneurs and Big Local Talent – posted by Lisa Helps (February 2015)
“Victoria’s downtown is operating in this complex and competitive regional environment, and it makes sense here to state the obvious: the more people living and working downtown, the healthier downtown will be, socially, economically, culturally.”
- Shannon Renault – Policy and Program Professional (Jan 17, 2014)
Shannon’s presentation’s augmented the SNSIG survey (link above) by placing the issue of workforce housing in the ownership tenure in a broader context. The presentation looks at the definition of workforce housing, the issue in the Canadian context and drills down into specific affordability challenges for this part of the market in Greater Victoria municipalities.
- Michael Hall, Director of Customer Support, Viking Air (Jan 17, 2014)
An introduction to the Sidney North Saanich Industrial Group: a brief history; introduction to member companies; three key advocacy issues — Transportation, Skills Training & Workforce Housing. Why the SNSIG believes the availability of workforce housing is of critical importance – and more importantly, what our employees think about it: results of 2013 housing survey. Group member employees clearly expressed a desire for more housing options, so that those who work in our community can live there too.